Love AADEE Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love AADEE Forum - Your daily dose !

3 posters

A Message to every Atif Aslam Fan !

sl33p!nr0ckz
    sl33p!nr0ckz

Number of posts : 1532
    Registration date : 2008-02-17

A Message to every Atif Aslam Fan ! Empty A Message to every Atif Aslam Fan !

Post  sl33p!nr0ckz Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:13 am

The next time anyone tells you that Atif Aslam cannot sing or is out of tune, make him come to this topic and read this!

A Message to every Atif Aslam Fan ! Atif-c10

"Do you know how Art and Science is different? What makes these two entities different? Ever thought of that? Science is guided by rules and regulations. The laws of nature, the theories floating everywhere and the concepts that form the basis of assumptions and observations.The science of a plant in Pakistan is the same as the Science in USA, guided by the same set of rules, the same assumptions and the same concepts. If that is science, what is Art? Think hard ... Any answers? Doesn't art mean creativity, innovation and freedom of expression? Doesn't art encourage you to paint your heart out, write your soul and pen your tears? The basic difference between Art and science is that Science is guided by rules, art is an entity that is open to creativity and is individualistic rather then general ...

Ok, now that we have established the difference between Art and science, another question that I want to ask, what is the purpose of music? or to put it in a better way, what should be the intention and aim of a musician? Different possibilities might be considered ... fame? money? success? ... Is that it? The majority of people would agree that the aim of Music is always to relate to people, to touch people's lives, to touch people's souls, to be able to talk to people through your music. Does all this ring a bell in your heart? If you are saying yes, then you might ask what about fame? money and success? what about recognition? isn't all this important? It is important because to be able to make music as a profession, you need to consider all this and you need to make money to live off music ... BUT ... If you are making music solely to earn money and be successful or get on the radio for your 15 minutes of fame, you might be doing the right things but for the wrong reasons!

I know this might be sounding like a high school lecture by now, but hang on, I do have a point in all this. We have established 2 things so far ... 1) Art is freedom of expression and is open to innovation ... 2) The aim of music is to connect with people ...

Now, with all that has been written so far, let us analyze history ... Does anyone have the exact formula of a perfect painting? Does anyone have a perfect formula to connect to people? Do all trained singers connect to people? Are all amateur singers rejected? ... When you think of making a painting, you follow some conventions - NOT RULES - conventions, like it should have a lot of colors, a good theme to it etc etc ... Similarly, music has guidelines, things that you can follow and work on and "claim" to be a successful musician. But does learning music get you the title of a "successful musician"? No, connecting to people does! If you leanr music, A to Z, and people cannot relate to your music or relate to you or your music does not touch their soul, you cannot be established as a successful artist. Similarly, If you are not trained and still you can touch people's heart, people relate to your music, people lay back, close their eyes and fall deeper into your music everyday, you have achieved the ultimate aim of making music. You have achieved the ultimate aim of ART in totality. All these musical teachings, they are absolutely mind blowing and I am in no way against them but If you learn every single thing according to what the handbook says, why cant you relate to anyone? Because you cant crack the code of connecting with people. If everyone in a music school learns everything perfectly, why doesn't every student go on to become a superstar? a successful singer? a successful musician? Because this is not a course that you can do and practice it ... This is not about learning how to fly a kite and flying a kite ... It is about being lucky enough, smart enough, innovative enough and naturally gifted enough to relate to your audience. The bottom line is that you can learn all their is to learn in music and not be successful OR you can learn how to relate to people, how to pour out your heart every time you hold the microphone and you will be ... Atif Aslam!

I will conclude my article with simple examples that would enhance my points. Do you know what a poetic license is? Its the "authority" of a poet to "innovate" or "deviate" from the conventions of grammar to express himself. Since poetry is an art too, the poets have the authority to bend the rules of literature. Writers, painters, poets, all use this license to express themselves and If history is a reliable source, most of the people that bend the rules are pioneers of their field. Mirza Ghalib brought several innovations through his poetry and is considered a God in poetry. William Shakespeare bent the rules of English grammar on countless instances and became a legend. Michael Jackson, a vocalist who dared to be different. His vocals and his way of approaching each song was unique! the outcome? Even though he is six-feet under the ground, he rests there in a gold-platted coffin as the world weeps his departure.

My final words would be that If Atif Aslam is not trained or out of tune and can still relate to people, he is a successful artist because "ART" is not so cruel that it rejects innovation, individuality and creativity! ... I will leave you with these final words from another man who is part of history:

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein (Learning music will get you from music school to the world of music. Being able to touch people's soul will make you a true musician)"

Written By : AtifAslam.in Team !!

Source :AtifAslam.in
    R3GhA
    R3GhA

Number of posts : 1879
    Registration date : 2008-06-15

A Message to every Atif Aslam Fan ! Empty Re: A Message to every Atif Aslam Fan !

Post  R3GhA Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:30 am

oh sweety thnx 4 it
    love aadee
    love aadee
    Admin

Number of posts : 1000
    Registration date : 2008-02-15

A Message to every Atif Aslam Fan ! Empty Re: A Message to every Atif Aslam Fan !

Post  love aadee Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:51 am

hmm..appreciatable !
    sl33p!nr0ckz
    sl33p!nr0ckz

Number of posts : 1532
    Registration date : 2008-02-17

Post  sl33p!nr0ckz Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:05 am

i must say gr88 article
    R3GhA
    R3GhA

Number of posts : 1879
    Registration date : 2008-06-15

Post  R3GhA Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:51 am

hmmm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:36 pm